Tuesday 19 April 2016

SOLO SENIOR GETS A JOB

WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?

I recently applied to become a volunteer at my
local library and the interview was today.
Obviously,the police background check showed
that I had paid my latest speeding fine.Phew.

I dressed down,no jangly jewellery,no bright
colours except for my red-framed glasses.Well,
I do have a personality.

The interview went well and I am now rostered
on for a weekly Wednesday and a monthly
Saturday morning.

So what's in it for me? I love going to a library
like other people go to a gym or a favourite
cafe.Brousing the bookshelves is relaxing and
peaceful,except on Toddler Tuesdays.

As  volunteer,I will learn how a library is run,even
if I'm only pushing a trolley full of books around
and stacking shelves.

I hope to broaden my interests because I am
stuck on psycho killer thrillers at the moment.
My computer skills will improve with practice,
I hope.

Being the "new girl" will be a little daunting,but
I really like the idea of fitting into a working
environment,if only for a few hours each week.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great the library is lucky to have you!

Unknown said...

Great the library is lucky to have you!