Tuesday 5 April 2016

LIFESTYLE OF A SOLO SENIOR

robbinmiller.blogspot.com.au
IT'S ONLY ROCK'N'ROLL

A retrospective featuring the Rolling Stones and curated by two Australians
opens in London.I look at these guys who still pull huge crowds to their
concerts and I am taken back in time.

I am 16,at the St.Kilda town hall in Melbourne,with my first boyfriend.The
music is deafening,the fans on their feet.As Mick prowls the stage,wailing
"Satisfaction",the crowd surges forward.No bouncers,no barriers to stop
the girls scrambling,screaming towards Mick.It's pandemonium!

My friend,Margie,is running across the stage when she is lifted off her feet
by a big, black-clad roadie who dumps her back into the the press of bodies.

I don't know how I get to the exit against the seething chaotic crowd.I am
shaking and crying,yet I am mesmerised by the band and their electrifying
frontman,Mick Jagger.I will never forget the Rolling Stones.

No comments: