Wednesday 30 March 2016

STYLE QUEEN ON HOLIDAY

MELBOURNE IS FOODIE HEAVEN

I packed a lot into my trip to Melbourne.Family time,lunch with good friends,a big night in the City,
and a hike to Hanging Rock.Phew!Take my pulse and put up a drip!
Son,Jonathon,suggested a walk through the trendy streets of Richmond to the old Channel 9 T.V.
Studios,where we found a courtyard cafe called the Patch.

THE PATCH CAFE

Just one sip and I know why Melbourne boasts about having the best coffee in Australia.I love
that the City's food culture is so well respected by both patrons and staff.This means there is a
pride in the service,be it a Chicken Parmi in a pub,a trendy cafe brekky,right up to your 5 star
dining experience.For the record,I had two coffees.

LOVELY LASAGNE

After watching my favourite footy team go down and munching through a chocolate egg,it was
time for a glass of New Zealand Savignon Blanc and Jono's own lasagne.As a former chef,Jono
sure knows how to wake up the taste buds.Minced beef flavoured with olives and sun- dried
tomatoes,layered with egg-plant,zuccini and a to-die for cheese sauce.Yum!

SHORT AND SWEET

My little holiday in Melbourne was brief but as Arnie says,"I'll be back".

No comments: